Scouting is: Fun with a Purpose
Cub Scouts is a program for boys in the first through fifth grades, ages 6-10. We teach boys the core values of Scouting while having lots of fun. Cub Scouts belong to small groups of boys called Dens. Dens meet weekly or bi-weekly and once a month all the dens come together for Pack meetings.
Goals of the Cub Scout Program
- Influencing the development of character and encouraging spiritual growth.
- Developing habits and attitudes of good citizenship.
- Encouraging good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong in mind and body.
- Improving understanding within the family.
- Strengthening the ability to get along with other boys and respect other people.
- Fostering a sense of personal achievement by developing new interests and skills.
- Providing fun and exciting new things to do.
- Preparing them to become Boy Scouts.
The program accomplishes those goals through the advancement plan and special activities. Den meetings, pack meetings, and special activities and events give each boy the opportunity to try something new, gain confidence, and learn leadership skills.